Monday, March 3, 2014

Enchanted Autumn

I have loved this quilt since I saw it hanging in a quilt shop south of Seattle 3 years ago.  I suggested it for our town's Quilting Club's (we are not a guild-nor do they want to be) Opportunity Quilt.  I organized the making of it but many ladies took home blocks that were turned and glued down so all they had to do was whipstitch around them.  I then sewed them all together when they came back to me.  Susie Johnson quilted it and Marilyn Hersey bound it.  Truly a group effort.  I think it turned out beautifully and it is hanging in the Crazy 9 Patch for the Quilt Run.  It felt good to hand it over to the ladies who will take care of ticket sales.

Enchanted Autumn by Verna Mosquera (Vintage Spools)


magnoliasntea said...

What a beautiful autumn quilt and a great effort by your town quilters.

Quiltedtime said...

That is the kind of quilt that appeals to a lot of people. You will get lots of ticket sales.