Saturday, July 19, 2014

Some Progress!

This has been more difficult than I thought it would be.  It isn't the sewing, it is the planning and color choices.  Would someone just stand over me and tell me which comes next?


The middle will be the largest section of medium toned fabrics
The problem with this kind of design as you go quilting is that I have no neat little piles of cut fabric to work from-I am pulling everything from my stash-what a mess!



Lots of thoughts crowding each other in my brain-what color flowers will go in this section?, Will this print be too busy behind the flowers?, am I being too conservative?, How do I move gracefully from color to color? can I go from light blue to dark purple (or should it be green) in one quilt?, when will you finish the baby quilt you are supposed to be working on?  I want to have the back done before the quilt retreat at the first of August so I can finish the top during the retreat.

On another note-I hate tomato worms-pulled 2 off with tweezers yesterday-yuk!

1 comment:

Quiltedtime said...

Elaine, I hear you. Art quilts are messy. Your sewing room still looks a whole lot neater than mine.

Tweezers? Tee-hee! I just grab those little suckers from the back, yell, "Green Snake!", and pray that they don't bite me. Ugh!