Friday, August 8, 2014

My First Quilting Retreat

What a great four days.  I went to my first retreat last Sunday and returned Wednesday afternoon.  We were located in the wine country of Temecula at a Catholic Convent and retreat center.  It was lovely-had my own room, great food and got to know 11 other ladies much better than I did before.

Sylvia trimming her finished quilt top

Gloria, mary, Susan and daughter, Ann working

Lou is the organizer and such a sweet lady

Several of the ladies have mascots and they are moved or hidden during the retreat by the participants.  Kimmie's, Ugly Man, was just found.

Cecelia is imitating, Cousin It as she works on her 1.5 in squares

Mary's, Woodland Creatures

Mary working on the Possums of Woodland Creatures

Fran working on a lovely spool quilt

Ann made several beautiful bags

Her mom, Susan working on a gardening quilt

Linda drove down from LA
Roberta catching up on lost sleep
Linda's Tree quilt-still needs applique on the border
Lou's Bag (she is making a quilt that will go in it for a retiring friend
Elinor catching a nap

Baby quilt for my niece's baby boy soon to be born

Cecelia's Red and White
Closeup- look at those points!

Roberta adding borders

Kimmie's baby quilt



I bound 1 quilt, finished the baby quilt top and made good progress on Nickle Lavender Sky



4 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I love retreats. Glad you enjoyed it and got some stuff done. I love to do mindless sewing at retreats - that way all I have to do is stitch and gab.

magnoliasntea said...

It sounds like you you enjoyed the retreat. Yay! The baby quilt looks great. Have a great weekend!

Quiltedtime said...

Your baby quilt is so cheerful! What a lucky boy. Glad you had a good and productive time at your retreat.

Suzanne Kistler said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. I find retreats to be the perfect place for mindless sewing...and good eating...and making new friends...and getting to know old ones better. It's all good! :)